Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thank You

Just when you thought fashion was the epitome of superficiality, this comes out, quote of the week comes from Sarah Mower and Albar Elbaz:

Can voluptuous fashion stay relevant in an age of austerity? Can gorgeous decoration coexist with the need for something plain and simple? Ask Alber Elbaz, a man whose recipe for reductionism and all-out gorgeousness squared the circle with a unique flourish. "Whatever's happening now," he said, "it's the end of fake. What's not real will go. What we have to do now is make life easier for women."


Thank You!

Quite honestly, you and I both know that the fashion world is superficial. Just ask Karl Lagerfeld:
“I’m mad for books,” he says, sitting motionless behind his black Dior shades. “It is a disease I won’t recover from. They are the tragedy of my life. I want to learn about everything. I want to know everything, but I’m not an intellectual, and I don’t like their company. I’m the most superficial man on Earth.”

Just sayin. Last week my mother told me I was in the wrong business.

No comments: