Friday, August 1, 2008

Chadam Lives


I'm totally going to Comic Con next year. It's this great comic convention in San Diego and dope artists like Alex Pardee and Craola are there signing stuff and releasing exclusive prints and things. So many more amazing people are there it would take me all day to talk about it. I thought about how cool it must have been to be walking around there all weekend, last weekend. I was in New York this past Monday and I made my boss, Liz, stop in Midtown Comics with me. I mean in no way does it compare, but I felt like I owed it to myself to be selfish for a second. We climbed the stairs and I wandered in the two floor store awe until she told me it was time to go. There were tons of books, toys, videos, and of course comics. In fact, they were getting a new shipment in while we were there. Boxes and boxes unloading. I don't really read comics but I appreciate the artwork a whole lot and love books. Fantographic books are awesome. There was a Camille Rose Garcia book, The Magic Bottle, which I have never actually been able to flip through, so I can always find something cool. There, enough. I gotta go. Sorry for the lack of posts. This summer has been quite busy with school and work. I haven't even been to the beach yet!

Check this new Alex Pardee joint. This is the first footage from the 3D animation project he is putting together based on the character, Chadam. It was released at Comic Con and now here it is for all to see. Pardee originally created Chadam for the album artwork he did for In Love and Death, from the band, The Used. Since the creation of the blockheaded character an entire world has been materialized for him. He has amassed quite a following over the years. check check check it yall! Thanks.


Also!

The Otakon Convention is coming up, August 8-10th in Baltimore. It's a celebration of all that is Asian pop culture. I know my girl, Maggie, is going and shes super excited.

No comments: