Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back Home

So, I arrived in Philly last night at around 1 a.m from New York. Finally! It was a busy week traveling. I joined my girl Gill at the Girl on Girl party at Sway the night before in Manhattan. It was fun. I mean, we didn't get there til 2 a.m, but we made the best of it. Makers Mark on the rocks for me. Oi, Oi, Tone took our picture, a couple times, ugh. I HATE GETTING MY PICTURE TAKEN! Everytime. DAMN! But back to Philly, my home for the moment, that I love so much. I hit the streets hard today. I obviously stopped at Omoi to show Lizzy Liz Liz my new haircut. Yes, I chopped it. Severely. I stopped at Grasshopper, ladies, you really need to go in there for some AMAZING dresses and tops. As well as vintage deadstock Christian Dior shades. They do carry menswear, but I suggest stopping at Omoi first. Just sayin. Grasshopper is right next to American Mortals. Ask for Brooke. She's great. It is also a couple doors down from Lolli Lolli, a fabulous children's boutique. I also stopped in the Matthew Izzo store on Walnut. I was fuckin STOKED to see that they carry Surface to Air from Paris. Thank you!!! Forward fashions! I think I just get happy when people 'get it.' Also, Head Area, the salon in the back, my girl Ruth works there. Ask for her. Does a perfect blow out. I did stop in Urban. Please, take it from me, don't waste your time. Unless you are a super hippie and don't mind paying for overpriced Shwag. They do have good books though. Liz has better ones...


Enough retail! Now time for the bars. I HAD to stop at Bob and Barbs to see Butchie. He opens the bar and ALWAYS has the best shit on the jukebox. Jazz, Soul, R&B, etc. Don't fuck with him. He also provided the best comment of the week:

"I don't know who your baby's father is, but y'all had some good rhythm!"- Butchie after looking at a recent picture of Lola. God Bless him

P.S Butchie swears he is Lola's daddy... hahaha! I am a proud mami.

Finally, we ended the night with rockabilly bands at the Tritone. I fell in love with Rockabilly tonight...

No comments: